MOLD REMOVAL & REMEDIATION
Mold can be a serious problem if it is not taken care of correctly. Mold removal and remediation is best performed by a trained expert.
Cleaning and washing mold off a porous surface will only take away the surface problem. You want the mold removed, not covered up. Mold damage doesn’t only damage the structure of your home, it can cause serious health issues for infants, senior citizens, and other people who experience respiratory illnesses. Our IICRC certified mold removal & remediation protocol will quickly get you and your family back into your home with a healthy environment.
If you suspect Mold:
If you suspect mold, or you are concerned that moisture may have allowed mold to grow behind a wall or another unseen area, call us immediately. We will perform an inspection to locate any actively growing mold, remove it from your property, and treat any remaining non-porous materials to prevent future growth.
If moisture is also found, we will then perform water mitigation and drying. We value our customers and take pride in our open communication and customer service. We will document the entire mold removal process and answer any questions you may have.
Mold removal & remediation protects the health of your family and preserves the structural integrity of your property. High Tide Restoration professionals will get to the root cause of the issue.
Health Issues Could Be Caused By Mold
Though the type of reaction depends upon the mold present, according to both the EPA and CDC all molds have the potential to cause health issues such as:
- Breathing difficulties
- Cold or Persistent cough symptoms
- Burning of the eyes, nose, throat or lungs
- Asthma attacks
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Skin irritation
- Allergic reactions
What is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation is the process of stopping the spread of mold by removing any moisture sources, using containment to protect unaffected rooms, and removing or cleaning & sanitizing affected materials and items.
What is Mold Abatement?
Mold abatement are the steps taken in the removal of water-saturated materials like drywall or flooring. Mold removal and cleanup is a critical step in ensuring your home is safe after a water disaster or flooding event.
Steps To Take If You Detect Mold:
- Keep yourself and others out of the area(s) affected by mold.
- If the mold is contained to a room with a door, keep the door closed.
- Call a locally based professional mold removal service, such as High Tide Restoration and Cleaning.
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Attempt to dry the area with a fan, which can disturb the spores and spread them to an unaffected area, creating more growth.
- Attempt to clean or kill mold with bleach & water - it does not kill roots that have grown into porous surfaces, and will only bleach the growth so you don't see it. On small areas of non-porous surfaces use a product specifically meant for microbial growth.
High Tide Restoration mold removal professionals are fully certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, the industry’s standard.
We will deliver the highest possible customer service experience, including providing status updates to you and your insurance company.